[KPhotoAlbum] KPA 3.1.0 RC1 not importing data / crash on cancel

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Mon Oct 8 23:47:49 CEST 2007


Martin Jost wrote:
> sorry, I got the next crash. You may call this an unfair trick on KPA.

If it segfaults, it's broken, no matter how you cheat (modulo direct
memory access, 3rd party library screwup, funny things with debugger etc
etc).

> This time I got to the actual import (So the situation improved)
> What I wanted, was to only import the meta data (the one present in
> index.xml), while the photos were already there. (Hand copied from a DVD)

Please try r723157.

> After some big amount of "ok-clicking" (once for each photo)

Fixed.

> KPA finally crashed with the attached trace.
> On the konsole I got:
> ASSERT: "it.node != node" in /usr/lib/qt3/include/qvaluelist.h (301)
> KCrash: Application 'kphotoalbum' crashing...

Oops, please try again with r723157.

> So I copied the thumbnails from the .kim file to the the dir, where KPA
> expected the photos.
> This time the progress bar went up to 99 % rather quick, then stopped.
> I had to kill KPA

Actually it was doing a lot of work in the background. I've added
progress updates to that in r723157.

> There is another somewhat frightening looking feature of the import:
> Look at the attached screenshot. (The problem is the same for each
> category like "Persons", "Places", etc.
> 
> This lists all found values for a key found in the file.
> Not only does this look completely unmanageable, the question is: What
> would KPA do, if I
> map the first "Elias" to "Elias A." and the second one to "Elias Z." ?
> (Probably right now, it will do the first mapping for the first photo
> and the second for the second photo ...)
> IHMO the only sensible thing is, to have one mapping for each *unique
> key* found in the file.
> This would also bring down the count of keys to manageable amount.
> (Do I miss something ?)
> 
> Ok, I admit this probably getting difficult for the new release. Let me
> know, if I should generate Bugzilla entries for some of the points.

Yeah, from a user's POV, I think you're right. This is a "general bug"
and not something that was introduced in 3.1.0 (neither are other
import-realated bugs you've reported; there were no changes to the
Import dialog that I'm aware of), so it would be great if you could file
a bug.

Cheers and huge thanks for testing again and again,
-jkt

-- 
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 252 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : /mailman/pipermail/kphotoalbum/attachments/20071008/8fa3ddc3/attachment.pgp 


More information about the KPhotoAlbum mailing list