[KPhotoAlbum] Latest patch
Robert L Krawitz
rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 8 18:40:29 CEST 2006
Here's my latest patch set. This is the complete list of new
functionality. I probably won't have time to do much of anything more
for a while.
1) A new option to permit smooth scaling vs. non-smoothed scaling
(which is much, much faster, particularly with large images). I
think there's still an issue with image preloading sometimes taking
priority over responding to a user command in at least some cases
(so that sometimes there's a short pause that I don't think is
strictly necessary), but image display is a *lot* faster if smooth
scaling is turned off.
2) A new viewer option to permit showing image size in the info box.
3) A new viewer option to permit showing file name in the info box.
4) An option to allow specifying thumbnail size.
5) A new command in the viewer to zoom pixel for pixel (if the image
is larger than the viewer, of course :-( ) -- typing `=' will do
6) Ability to scale to less than full screen. This means that
displaying pixel for pixel will always display pixel for pixel, in
addition to the ability to zoom out beyond that point.
7) A new "standard size" setting, which can be one of three things:
* Full screen (the default, as today)
* Natural size (i. e. pixel for pixel)
* Natural size if possible (pixel for pixel if it would fit,
otherwise full screen).
In addition to being saved in the preferences, typing the `/' key
at any time will display the image at "standard size".
This isn't perfect. In at least some cases it initially flashes
the image at full size before rescaling it up or down. Fixing this
will require more extensive work. In particular, doing most
efficiently will require reorganizing the cache so that it actually
keeps track of the image sizes rather than assuming that they're at
the display size, and the cache code in general will require some
work. I probably won't have time to do this before I go back to
8) New options to skip forward and backward by 10, 100, and 1000
images. This was inspired by our 3500 photos from Alaska that
we're trying to categorize. We did some of them last night, and I
want to restart in the middle (I know where we left off, but it's a
pain to find it in the thumbnail view and then select everything
from that point on).
9) The display code checks if the stored size is -1 (i. e. KPhotoAlbum
doesn't know what size it is), and fixes it up (and calls back to
the viewer to update the image box). This could happen in cases
other than already-present thumbnails; for example, if you try to
view images for which thumbnails aren't yet created.
10) A new option to specify whether or not to load RAW files if
corresponding JPEG or TIFF files also exist. Default is that it
doesn't, which is a change from the current behavior. This is
useful with cameras that store both a raw image and a JPEG or
TIFF. Related to this, I've changed the new image finder code to
pass the entire filename to canReadImage rather than just the file
extension. I believe this is the right thing to do because it
allows the code to determine whether it actually can read the file
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 8634 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : /mailman/pipermail/kphotoalbum/attachments/20060708/3767cff4/attachment-0001.gz
More information about the KPhotoAlbum