[KimDaBa] Re: Next release one week, then what?!
Robert L Krawitz
rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sun May 1 19:20:29 CEST 2005
A few wishes of my own here:
1) A way to generate a list of image files (File->List, File->Export
List, or whatever) that I can pass to some other program. Drag and
drop doesn't cut it; the program I want to apply the file list to
might not know about drag and drop, or it might not be graphical at
all. I'd actually prefer this in some ways to having kimdaba
delete images; generate a list of filenames that I want to delete,
then I can review them or just move them somewhere else.
2) A way to get a list of files (or display images) that I've excluded
(to let me "undelete" or "unexclude" images).
3) An option to export, generate HTML, etc. that preserves the
directory hierarchy rather than putting everything at top level.
4) Improvements in the smoothness of scrolling (this is one regard in
which kimdaba is still slower than some other image viewers).
5) Themes for exporting to HTML.
6) When exporting to HTML or otherwise, use a filename suffix that
matches what's actually being exported. For example, exporting a
file named foo.png generates a file named foo.png, even though the
exported file is actually a JPEG.
Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>
Tall Clubs International -- http://www.tall.org/ or 1-888-IM-TALL-2
Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net
Project lead for Gimp Print -- http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net
"Linux doesn't dictate how I work, I dictate how Linux works."
More information about the KimDaBa