[Gammaray-interest] [ANNOUNCE] GammaRay 2.5.0
allen.winter at kdab.com
Sat Jul 9 00:18:44 CEST 2016
Announcing GammaRay 2.5.0!
Highlights of the 2.5.0 Release:
* Added paint analyzer for QQuickPaintedItems.
* Added element picking in QtQuick and widget remote view.
* Added input redirection to the widget remote view.
* Improved measuring tool in QtQuick remote view, and added measuring support to widget and paint analyzer views.
* Added zoom support to the widget remote view.
* Widget remote view now always shows the selected window, not only the selected widget.
* Fix widget remote view overloading slow targets.
* Added support for QQuickWidget.
* Added instance counts to meta object browser.
* Improved object navigation allowing to select which tool to go to if multiple apply.
* Support for object navigation in more plug-ins.
* Added edit support for QMatrix4x4, QVector[2,3,4]D, QQaternion and QTransform in the property editor.
* Added basic type support for Qt3D.
* Added Qt3D scene graph and frame graph inspector (Qt >= 5.7).
* Fix SHM resource leaks on UNIX-like systems when target crashes on startup.
* Removed non-KDSME fallback QSM visualizer.
* Fix QNX 6.6 build.
* Fix LLDB injector on OSX.
* Added IPv6 support for client/probe communication.
* Fixed depth-limiting in the state machine debugger.
* Support non-QObject objects as composite types in the property editor.
* Added QPainter analyzer for individual QGraphicsItems.
* Added source navigation to declaration location for QML items.
* Added the ability to browser and configure logging categories.
* Added support for browsing QML context properties.
* Fix crash on nested QVariant/QJSValue structures.
* Improved injector self-tests to detect the Yama security extension blocking injection.
* Added source navigation to QRC data.
* Support more image formats in the resource browser.
* Save and restore window and tool layouts.
* Improved display in the model inspector for empty data.
* Support block layout elements in the text document inspector (Qt >= 5.5).
* Support inspection of QQmlScriptString properties and callable QJSValues.
* Fix MSVC2015 runtime detection.
* Fix various runtime attaching issues.
* Fix display of multi-line string values in the property editor.
* Initial support for namespaced Qt.
* Add network interface browser.
* Add cookie jar browser.
* Add recursive access to nested value type properties (read-only).
* Add access to SSL cipher and certificate information for QSslSocket
The source code can be found on GitHub at: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay
Tarballs and zipballs for v2.5.0 are available from: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/releases
For Linux users:
* we provide prebuilt (against Qt5) packages for some popular distributions at:
* for those of you still using Qt4 we also provide the Qt4 probe from: https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=isv%3AKDAB&package=gammaray-qt4
For OS users:
* we provide homebrew recipes for both a full-fledged Qt5 and Qt4 version at
For Windows users:
* you'll still need to build from source as we as yet do not have an installer
GammaRay is a tool to poke around in a Qt-application and also to manipulate
the application to some extent. GammaRay uses various DLL injection
techniques to hook into an application at runtime and provide access to a
lot of interesting information.
For more information about GammaRay, please visit http://www.kdab.com/gammaray
Allen Winter | allen.winter at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (USA) LLC, a KDAB Group company
Tel. USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322) ext3
KDAB - The Qt Experts
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4661 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gammaray-interest